Dear Family Members,
On behalf of the staff at Read-Pattillo Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to a new school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
This year we will continue with our In the Zone activities which reward students who receive zero referrals during a 4 ½ week period. Students who do not have any referrals during the first and/or second semester will be eligible for field day. Our positive learning environment contributes to higher academic achievement.
Our School Advisory Council (SAC) welcomes your input in our planning process. Our PTA needs your support of their activities. We need you to stay informed about our programs and to assist us in improving.
The wonderful Read-Pattillo staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to partnering with you.